CHECKLIST FOR SUCCESS: DEVELOPING A RSDT PROGRAM
Download a copy of the detailed manual here: Checklist for Success: A Manual for Developing a RSDT Program [PDF]
Read Sample Policies
Hunterdon Central Regional High School, NJ
Tallassee City Schools, AL, RSDT Policy [PDF]
[Name Withheld] Bylaws & Policies for RSDT and Drug Prevention - Adopted 2003 [PDF]
Checklist for Success: A Manual for Developing a RSDT includes:
- Identify the Need for RSDT: Conduct anonymous student surveys to gather information about school-wide drug use and perceptions about illegal drug use. The survey should ask questions about accessibility, usage and opinions about drug use.
- Present the Idea and Establish Community Relationships: The process for implementing a RSDT program follows a process that is similar to implementing anything new in a school's curriculum. The major decision-makers must review and give approval before presenting the need for the program to the community. Upon approval for a RSDT program, build a support team.
- Write Policies and Procedures: Policies generally contain four major sections:
- Statement of Need
- Introduction / Position Statement
- Discussion of the Procedures
- Reviewing the Rights & Responsibilities for the School Community
- Implement and Evaluate the Program: Does the program need to be improved? What changes can be made?